Watching your children's eyes light up when you bring a new puppy home is truly a heartwarming experience. Your dog comes with unconditional love and warm genuine friendship. If you've owned a dog before you already know that along with all the delights of a new doggy – it can also come with frustration, unconditional messes, and genuine destruction. Not to worry, with a little obedience training you can head off unwanted dog behavior.
5 Great Benefits of dog training in NC at https://topdogtrainingandresort.com/dog-training-nc/
- It builds a solid relationship with you and your dog and establishes you as the pack leader. The time you spend together as a team working together, learning about each other, deepens your bond.
- A well-trained dog is a welcome dog that can be taken almost anywhere and is a joy to be around when camping, hiking, or even just going for a walk because he is not high risk or a nuisance to others.
- Dog training corrects undesirable dog behavior. Chewing up your furniture, digging up your flowers, barking at everyone who passes by your yard, and even bolting out the door can be resolved with a little focus on obedience training.
- When you train your dog it stimulates your dog's intellect and allows him to use his brain; dogs are curious by nature and want learn about both the world and the people around them. Dogs have a deep desire to please us, its instinctive, so when they can understand what we want of them and they respond to our commands; they feel vital and needed – a strong member in the pack.
- It saves you time and money! Taking the time to train your dog to behave properly in your home saves time cleaning up messes and saves you money by not having to replace torn up pillows, shoes or other valuable possessions.
Obviously, there are many great benefits to a well-trained dog, too many to really list, but among my favorites is the companionship, having a dog that can protect my family when I'm not around. It was best said by an unknown author: "He is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, and his leader."
The very best dog training method is the use of Positive Reinforcement to train your dog. This is simply rewarding good behavior that you want to see repeated, and ignoring bad dog behavior.