Steamed buns are a hot trend. These buns can be filled with any combination for a delicious take-out meal.
You can also order online a bao bun via happyholdingsgroup.com.
Image Source: Google
These buns are made with a few key ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cornflour (Cornstarch).
- Active rise yeast
- Granulated sugar
- Luke warms water
How to make the dough-
You can either make the dough by hand or use a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Hand-kneading will take slightly more time, but this is a small batch so there is no danger of over-mixing.
- Combine the dry ingredients until they are well combined.
- To activate the yeast, water must be heated.
- Make sure to incorporate the water in small batches so that the dough doesn't get too wet.
- The dough will be sticky. You can add 1 tablespoon of flour at a stretch to make the dough less sticky. Continue kneading the dough until it is less sticky and bounces back to the touch.
- Make sure you place the dough in an oil-proof bowl, cover it with clingfilm and then wrap it in a towel or other warm material.
Storing unused bao buns-
Raw buns can be frozen for up to a month in an airtight container, or sealed freezer bag. You can also store cooked bao in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, it is best to eat them right away.
Steamed buns can be made at home and are easy to make. For your next gathering, get together with friends and make steamed buns with sweet or savory toppings.